Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation.
The Job Developer’s primary responsibilities are coordinating efforts to assist our students in securing and retaining employment throughout the beginning of their career. We view their long term success as the best proof of the impact of our program. Though the program spans only 8-16 weeks, our commitment to the student does not end there. The Job Developer will also proactively engage our past graduates, ensuring that they are working and retaining employment, and growing their careers.
This position is located primarily in our Las Vegas, NV office, and some local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and events.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
A focused Job Developer will build long term relationships with employers and recruiters, and act as a central point person to handle staffing requests on an ongoing basis. The Job Developer will assist graduates in obtaining and retaining employment, and will support the pursuit of growth and continued education for all graduates.
- Cultivate relationships with regional corporate technology executives and recruiters, to identify potential internship and job opportunities for CXWorks and ITWorks program students and graduates
- Maintain regular contact with employment recruiters, search job boards, and advocate for placement of our students within appropriate roles at area corporations and nonprofits
- Respond to recruiter requests, ensure students schedule interviews, and distribute information about new job opportunities
- Ensure accurate and timely program data entry and reporting (Salesforce CRM)
- Research relevant articles, academic research, and data
- Work tirelessly to keep our students motivated and help them create belief in themselves, and have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement
- Maintain contact with graduates, coordinate meet-ups and alumni events, and provide value to alumni
- Identify partnerships and opportunities for students to pursue further education and certification
- Help students identify their employment goals
- Provide feedback to students in their job search
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- 1-3 years of constituent relationship development experience (with clients, volunteers, employers etc.) is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with CRM (constituent relationship management) databases, such as Salesforce.com, is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working at a nonprofit is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Other Preferred Qualities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Programs and fundraising teams, possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission, be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-oriented, energetic, and results-oriented.
Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line “Las Vegas Job Developer” to: email@example.com. To learn more about ITWorks please visit www.itworks.org; to learn more about CXWorks please visit www.cxworks.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.