Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. Additionally, we offer proven and award-winning technology training programs, which prepare participants for a career in technology. www.techimpact.org
The Career Development Associate’s primary responsibilities are coordinating efforts to assist our students in securing and retaining employment throughout the beginning of their careers. We view their long-term success as the best proof of the impact of our program. Our commitment to the student does not end at graduation. The Career Development Associate will also proactively engage our past graduates, ensuring that they are working and retaining employment, and growing their careers.
This position can be based in our Wilmington, DE or Philadelphia, PA office, with regular travel between the two locations, and occasional travel to off-site Philadelphia and Wilmington area events and some hours outside of normal business hours (approximately 6-8x per year).
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
The Career Development Associate performs a wide variety of administrative and organizational tasks to support participants of pre-apprentice and apprenticeship programs as they enter successful careers in technology, and the candidate should have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
Job, Internship, and Student Support
- Interface with internship hosts, apprenticeship sites, and employers
- Schedule internship interviews and maintain calendars
- On-boarding of interns and apprentices at host locations
- Resume review and development according to Tech Impact best practices
- Quality checking of intern and apprentice LinkedIn and other digital footprints
- Support Professional Development event activity
- Attend community outreach events to promote the hiring of our programs’ participants
- Timely program data entry and reporting
Alumni Engagement and Support
- Maintain contact with graduates, coordinate meet-ups and alumni events, and provide value to alumni
- Identify partnerships and opportunities for students to pursue further education and certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with CRM (constituent relationship management) databases, such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to work collaboratively with the programs and fundraising teams
- Possession of a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission
- Sound judgment and diplomacy
- Organized and detail-oriented, energetic, positive
Other Preferred Qualifications
- A minimum of 1-year experience working at a nonprofit
- A bachelor’s degree
Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line “Career Development Associate PA & DE” to: email@example.com. To learn more about Tech Impact please visit www.techimpact.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.