Tech Impact is hiring a Data Consultant to join the organization’s nonprofit consulting team. This individual would work with our nonprofit clients to help them design and deploy data systems to meet complex operational and reporting needs. The Data Consultant assist organizations in the entire lifecycle of data systems including data orchestration, data analysis, and building reporting and visualization tools. This is a hybrid consultative / hands-on technical position.
About This Role
The Data Consultant will join the Tech Impact consulting group’s most mature team and will help the team deliver projects to nonprofit clients large and small. This role will add new data orchestration and analysis skills. Part of this individual’s time will be writing simple data integration scripts and performing data analysis in R. Tech Impact hopes this position will mature into the organization’s first Data Scientist role.
About Tech Impact
Tech Impact is a 65 person nonprofit organization headquartered in Philadelphia. In addition to workforce development programs (through our ITWorks, CXWorks, and Punchcode programs) and our accessible educational services (through our Idealworks program) we provide technical services to help nonprofits around the world use technology to further their missions.
The Consulting Team at Tech Impact is a 10 person team focused on helping non-profits integrate technology into their mission. Our goal is to change the world by making space for nonprofit staff and constituents to design services that address deep and systemic issues in our societies.
The Consulting Team currently provides services to nonprofits in the areas of technology strategy, data systems, data analytics, and cyber security. The team is diverse, power aware, and focused on societal change.
The Data Consultant to provide technical assistance and project management services to new and existing clients. The Data Consultant will work with clients to help them evaluate their current data solutions, identify gaps, make recommendations, and implement solutions. This individual will:
- Perform assessments of clients’ data processes and workflows, helping clients to design and implement better data management systems
- Research and implement a variety of technologies – both turnkey tools and customizable systems to address the needs of nonprofits
- Build data integration scripts and tools on top of industry-standard orchestration platforms
- Analyze nonprofit data sets with basic statistical techniques
- Provide training and support to nonprofits that reflect Tech Impact’s commitment to empowering direct-service staff and managers to use technology to enable and transform their work
Above all, Data & Strategy Consultants have a passion for social service, excellent written and verbal skills, and an eagerness to take on new challenges and master new skills. Preferred skills include:
- Experience with the nonprofit sector or other mechanisms for social change.
- Extensive relational database experience (MSSQL, Amazon RDS, Salesforce, etc.)
- Programming experience, ideally with Python
- Statistical expertise
- Explore and familiarity with Machine Learning concepts
- Experience with SPSS, R, or similar
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other visualization tools
Benefits and Logistics
This is a full time salaried position. Preference will be given to candidates who can commute 3 days a week to our Philadelphia, PA office. Benefits include:
- Excellent comprehensive healthcare for you and dependents with $0 co-pays
- Retirement contribution
- Option for a 4-day work week with full benefits and pro-rated salary
- A culture prioritizing quality of life, flexibility, and home and family life
- A place you can be your whole self
Compensation will be $50,000 – $80,000 depending on experience. Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization that aims to pay comfortable living wages and an equitable work environment for people who want to prioritize changing the world.