Location: Washington, DC or Philadelphia, PA / Remote due to COVID-19
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance. Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering IT services to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations since 2003. We are also a leading provider of technology education operating an award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers in the IT world.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you have the opportunity to learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 12 Paid Holidays.
This Financial Analyst, this position serves as a member of the Finance team, reporting to the Managing Director of Finance & Administration, and a financial liaison with senior leaders across the organization. Applying principles of finance, provides management with financial reporting and analysis that is used for strategic and tactical decision making. Works with various levels of management across departments to develop, interpret and implement financial and accounting concepts or techniques related to strategic planning, budgeting, cost control, and forecasting to drive business results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads finance tasks across the organization, including compiling and analyzing financial information.
- Reviews month-end financials for accuracy and prepares monthly financial review package to senior leadership.
- Supports department leads in creating, refining, and analyzing meaningful financial reports.
- Analyzes departmental performance and reports key findings to Finance Managing Director.
- Assists in preparation and analysis of annual budgets and long-range plans.
- Advises management on matters, such as effective use of resources and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Prepares forecasts and analyzes trends in revenue, expense, capital expenditures and other related areas.
- Assists in revenue, expense, and cash flow projections and expense saving opportunities within forecast models.
- Analyzes actual results to understand variances, and revises projections as appropriate.
- Prepares financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, and investments.
- Gathers data from business leads and tracks and reports on government grant expenditures.
- Conducts business analysis including ROI, NPV and IRR, making recommendations to management on new products, features, pricing, marketing promotions, based on historical financial data.
- Assists in analyzing business trends and other special ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, management, or finance required.
- MBA or an advanced degree in finance is a plus.
- FP&A certification preferred.
- Working experience with NetSuite accounting software (prerequisite for role)
- Experience with accrual accounting
- Experience with SAP Concur or similar AP system.
- GAAP knowledge
- Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in finance with proven financial and quantitative analysis skills.
Essential Skills for Success in Position
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Frequent exposure to new and challenging problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to translate and present technical information to non-technical users.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Passion about the job and a little sense of humor.
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding boot camp based in Las Vegas, NV.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and use a computer and other office related equipment.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 25 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Devie Smith at email@example.com.