Location: Wilmington DE / Philadelphia PA – Remote Covid
Full Time – Permanent Position
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO – Our HR Staffing Specialist Devie Smith Email: Devie@techimpact.org Contact: 302 456 9329
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients with Managed IT Services & Consulting and helping our students to grow their technical skills and enter the IT workforce market. Our team of mission-focused professionals are passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. We are seeking an IT Workforce Programs Coordinator to successfully deliver our technology-based workforce development programs on the East Coast.
Tech Impact Operates Proven IT Workforce Training Programs
Our Workforce Programs are designed to help young adults 18 to 26 years old launch their careers through ITWorks and CXWorks, and operates the PunchCode full-stack software development bootcamp. We also provide workforce development intermediary services, including student recruitment, support, professional development, and internship/job/apprenticeship placement. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations and helped students be successful IT professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are coordinating volunteer engagements, providing opportunities for our students to learn from and engage with technology, human resources professionals, and other leaders in the community to support their growth while in our workforce intermediary system and programs. The Program Coordinator will work to support our programs and students as they make meaningful career changes.
- Coordinates volunteers, provides direction and support for all volunteer functions, as well as ensuring that programs have both the volunteer support and engagement needed to run effectively.
- Build long-term relationships with our volunteers and partners, and act as a central point person to handle volunteer and program requests on an ongoing basis.
- Be well-connected to ITWorks and Apprenti participants. This position will interact frequently with students, instructors, and staff across programs to support and connect students to resources.
- Provide ongoing support monitoring in the areas of attendance and coursework. The Program Coordinator should be prepared to provide guidance and make appropriate referrals or connections to outside agencies for students and brokers supports to eliminate access barriers.
- Lead coordination of volunteers, volunteer logistics, and coordination across our East Coast workforce IT Works & Apprenti system
- Respond to volunteer interest, identifying appropriate volunteers and solicit needed volunteers for program activities.
- Assist with the recruitment of, and maintain relationships with volunteers for Lunch and Learns, mentoring, and professional development sessions and other volunteer engagement activities
- Bridge student and classroom program needs with volunteer and funder needs.
- Communicate frequently with volunteers to ensure they are satisfied, well-placed, and identifying ways to grow engagement.
General Organization and Programs Support
- Provide consultation, support, and wraparound resources to address the needs of students and make referrals to the appropriate resources both internal and external.
- Schedule and deliver individual support meetings with students.
- Schedule and organize meetings/special events (including graduation) and maintain agenda.
- Maintain knowledge of and provide support for staff regarding grant reporting and outcomes.
- Gather program, notes and other pertinent notes for reporting by administrator.
- Support admissions activity for IT Works and Apprenti as needed, such as helping with info sessions, orientations, phone screening and interviews.
- Sit in on classes regularly for relationship development with students and instructors.
- Deliver student surveys and attend training provider and employer meetings as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with CRM databases.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Program, Marketing, and Fundraising teams.
- Strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission.
- Be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy.
- Organized and detail-focused, energetic, results-oriented, can relate and communicate with diverse population and groups.
- Willing and able to attend networking functions before and/or after work and attend some weekend events from time to time.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you can learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 13 Paid Holidays.
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
- Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers.
- Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector.
- Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas,
Links to Our ITWorkforce Development Programs:
www.itworks.org www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org, www.techhiredelaware.org
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment.