Location: Wilmington DE – Remote Covid
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance helping our nonprofit clients with Managed IT Services & Consulting and helping our students to grow their technical skills and enter the IT workforce market. Our team of mission-focused professionals are passionate about moving the social sector forward with transformative applications of technology. We are seeking an IT Workforce Programs Regional Director on the East Coast who will play a key role in the successful delivery and growth of our technology-based workforce development programs on the East Coast.
Tech Impact operates award-winning IT training programs designed to help young adults 18 to 26 years old launch their careers in the IT world through our IT Works, CX Works, and PunchCode training programs. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations and help students be successful IT professionals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This role reports to the Managing Director of Programs and Philanthropy. Primary responsibilities are overseeing regional workforce development programming operations (currently including IT Works Delaware and Pennsylvania, our Delaware intermediary system, and Apprenticeships), engaging in local workforce initiatives, and community engagement to move Tech Impact’s mission forward in the region. Duties include staff supervision, program development and expansion, oversight and development of partner relationships, and internal and external communication. This position is primarily located in Wilmington, Delaware (currently, the position is remote), with travel to Philadelphia and other local or regional travel as needed to support our programs and initiatives.
- Oversight of tactical delivery of all East Coast workforce development program operations and teams, including managing two direct reports who directly oversee these programs.
- Offer support and guidance to program staff as they work day-to-day with students, ensure the team is competent and engaged and that they are delivering quality programs, following processes and procedures, and are achieving program outcomes. Responsible for responding to escalation of related issues requiring management direction.
- Work with the Managing Director, Executive Director, and NV Regional Director to identify and develop strategic growth opportunities for Tech Impact workforce development programming which are aligned with our strategic plan, mission, and values.
- Cultivate strong partnerships in the region (currently focused on Greater Philadelphia) through positive relationships with volunteers, employers, community partners, local Department of Labor and Workforce Investment Boards, collaboratives, and other post-secondary training providers, to drive awareness and build enrollment and job placement pipelines.
- Work with Development Director and Managing Director to identify and pursue future funding opportunities aligned with our mission, strategic plan, and values.
- Oversee regional programs outreach and marketing in conjunction with our internal marketing team and external vendors.
- Manage program budgets and expenditures within guidelines.
- Maintain good standing with the local governing boards for post-secondary education.
- Work with managers to coordinate class schedules, staff meetings, and community-based events.
- Ensure that staff is adequately trained and prepared to deliver curriculum.
- Represent Tech Impact at speaking engagements, community events and conferences.
- 7+ years of workforce development program delivery experience, or related experience in human resources, career development, and/or education roles, is required.
- 7+ years of demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate teams, including managers, is required. Must possess the ability to work with individual staff members and the team to resolve issues if they arise.
- 5+ years of nonprofit experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of developing and monitoring budgets is required.
Essential Skills for Success in the Position
- Skillful communicator, effective project developer, and people manager, with proven ability to build and sustain partnerships.
- Ability to quickly become familiar with our WD programs and associated (and often complex) corporate, foundation, and government grant policies and procedures.
- Willing to assist directly with operational and program delivery processes if needed.
- Ability to maintain relationships with employers, government officials, and community members.
- A clear understanding of workforce development concepts; preferably also related to technology concepts/experience.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented, energetic, and results-oriented; able to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with CRM databases.
- Flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace.
Benefits of Working for Tech Impact
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Be part of a collaborative team that is passionate about the organization’s mission and using technology to make the world a better place.
- Everyone has a voice, and you can learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for most of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 13 Paid Holidays.
About Tech Impact (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s IT Works and CX Works training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas,
Links to Our Workforce Development Programs:
www.itworks.org www.cxworks.org, www.punchcode.org, www.techhiredelaware.org
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and use a computer and other office-related equipment.
To apply, please send your resume to Devie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.