We are looking for a technology professional with a knack for training for a full-time opportunity in Philadelphia, PA.
ITWorks is a technology training program for young adults, 18-26 years old, who have a GED or high school diploma but have not completed college. The program consists of 11 weeks of intensive classroom training followed by a technology certification and a 5-week internship inside the IT department at a for-profit or nonprofit organization.
Students work toward their Cisco IT Essentials classroom certification and CompTIA A+ professional certification. Students also receive intensive career guidance, mentoring, and valuable life skills that will help them succeed in their new careers.
ITWorks provides these students with an experience that will help improve their income potential for life. All these services are provided free of charge to the student and are supported by the generosity of corporations, foundations, and individual donors.
Our students are driven, and high-performing, but each has had a unique challenge that prevented them from completing college. For many of these individuals, this program represents their last and best shot for a promising career in technology.
We are looking for a technology experienced individual who can both transfer their knowledge to a group of eager students and help match those students with opportunities in the technology field.
We currently run the program in three cities and will train you in what you will need to be successful. You should have an affinity for technology and a history of experience with it.
- Have the ability to successfully complete the CompTIA A+ certification if not already attained.
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a technical field.
- Create a positive classroom environment and foster learning.
- Have a strong sense of accountability for student achievement.
- Work tirelessly to keep our student’s motivated and help them create belief in themselves.
- Have the ability to adjust instructional strategies in order to reach the program’s goals.
- Prep program laptops by establishing and maintaining an image with appropriate software
- Set-up and maintain a small classroom network with internet connectivity
Student Recruitment, Volunteer, and Internship Support
- Lead the applicant recruitment and interview process.
- Help coordinate and guide volunteers to deliver “Friday Session” professional and life-skills trainings.
- Be able to guide real-world scenarios that are outside of “core” course of study.
- Ensure students’ technical skills meet the needs of internship partners.
- Help maintain healthy and productive internship partnerships.
Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line “ITWorks Instructor Philadelphia” to: email@example.com or apply via Zip Recruiter. To learn more about ITWorks please visit www.itworks.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.