Compensation: $35,000 to $40,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply on Ziprecruiter
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. Additionally, we offer proven and award-winning technology training programs, which prepare participants for a career in technology. www.techimpact.org
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization dedicated to its staff. Applicants should expect a fast-paced environment with frequent exposure to new and challenging problems. Tech Impact expects most employees to move over time into more technical and autonomous roles within the organization.
Role and Responsibilities
The Service Writer will work with Tech Impact existing Managed IT Support clients to provide regular hardware and service reports, communicate with the client contact regularly and assist with new technology projects. The Service Writer will respond to customer requests for new computer setups and other technical projects. The Service Writer will provide hardware, software and service quotes to the customer and provide follow up until the project is scheduled.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of nonprofit community
- Ability to interface with the technical team to refine sales proposals
- MS Office and other standard office applications experience
- Microsoft Office 365 and other cloud technologies
- MSP experience is preferred
- Serve as the initial escalation point for customer service issues related to helping desk/technical service delivery
- Maintain strong customer service skills when dealing with clients, vendors, and other Tech Impact partners
- Advise Account Management of client support or reoccurring technical issues
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill Required (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience
- Ability to follow process and procedures accurately and without fail
- Ability to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork
- Ability to be positive and actively encourage and mentor others within the team
- Excellent communication, writing, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Sense of humor
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience. Tech Impact observes nine holidays.
As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA Specifications (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local, regional and national travel
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
- Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world.
Apply on Ziprecruiter