Nonprofit Technology Consultant
Tech Impact is hiring a Technology Consultant to join the organization’s nonprofit consulting team. This individual would work with our nonprofit clients to help them design and deploy data systems to meet complex operational and reporting needs. The Technology Consultant will assist organizations in selecting and implementing data tools including databases, online productivity tools, and data visualization and analysis tools. This is a hybrid consultative/hands-on technical position.
About This Role
Tech Impact is seeking a Technology Consultant to provide technical assistance and project management services to new and existing clients. The Technology Consultant will work with clients to help them evaluate their current data solutions, identify gaps, make recommendations, and implement solutions. This individual will help clients with our most common systems – SharePoint, Salesforce, and PowerBI – while having an opportunity to grow their consulting skills and contribute to other kinds of projects.
About Tech Impact
Tech Impact is a 75 person nonprofit organization headquartered in Philadelphia. In addition to workforce development programs (through our ITWorks, CXWorks, and Punchcode programs) and our accessible educational services (through our Idealworks program) we provide technical services to help nonprofits around the world use technology to further their missions.
The Consulting Team at Tech Impact is a 10 person team focused on helping non-profits integrate technology into their mission. Our goal is to change the world by making space for nonprofit staff and constituents to design services that address deep and systemic issues in our societies.
The Consulting Team currently provides services to nonprofits in the areas of technology strategy, data systems, data analytics, and cybersecurity. The team is diverse, power-aware, and focused on societal change.
The Technology Consultant to provide technical assistance and project management services to new and existing clients. The Technology Consultant will work with clients to help them evaluate their current data solutions, identify gaps, make recommendations, and implement solutions.
This individual will:
- Perform assessments of clients’ data processes and workflows, helping clients to design and implement better data management systems
- Research and implement a variety of technologies – both turnkey tools and customizable systems to address the needs of nonprofits – with a focus on:
- Operational databases for case management and other nonprofit operations
- Fundraising databases including Salesforce
- Office 365, Google Apps, and Box for cloud-based collaboration
- PowerBI and Tableau
- Provide training and support to nonprofits that reflect Tech Impact’s commitment to empowering direct-service staff and managers to use technology to enable and transform their work
Above all, Data & Strategy Consultants have a passion for social service, excellent written and verbal skills, and an eagerness to take on new challenges and master new skills. Preferred skills include:
- Experience with the nonprofit sector or other mechanisms for social change
- Relational database experience (MSSQL, Amazon RDS, Salesforce, etc)
- Basic Windows and Mac OS troubleshooting skills
- Experience with one or more common nonprofit data systems or collaboration tools a plus
Benefits and Logistics
This is a full-time salaried position in our Philadelphia, PA office. Benefits include:
- Excellent comprehensive healthcare for you and dependents with $0 co-pays
- 2 work-from-home days a week
- Matched retirement contribution
- Option for a 4-day work week with full benefits and pro-rated salary
- A culture prioritizing quality of life, flexibility, and home and family life
- A place you can be your whole self
Compensation will be $45,000 – $60,000 depending on experience. Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization that aims to pay comfortable living wages and an equitable work environment for people who want to prioritize changing the world.
Apply on ZipRecruiter