Compensation: $40,000 to $50,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply on ZipRecruiter
About this Role
The Office 365 Support Engineer is responsible for performing Office 365 project-based work and providing technical escalation support to Tech Impact clients. The Office 365 Support Engineer is expected to manage a significant project portfolio and incoming support escalations with minimal supervision.
The Office 365 Support Engineer is expected to support the Service Desk Engineers at Tech Impact through escalation and training. Where possible, the Office 365 Support Engineer will document resolutions and procedures to ensure issues can be addressed by Service Desk Engineers in the future.
When necessary, and to understand the organization’s process, the Office 365 Support Engineer will be expected to fill in for Service Desk Engineers by performing first and second level phone, email, and ticket work.
About Tech Impact
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization dedicated to its staff. Applicants should expect a fast-paced environment with frequent exposure to new and challenging problems. Tech Impact expects most employees to move over time into more technical and autonomous roles within the organization.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Office 365 Services Support
- Provide end-user Office 365 support to all clients
- Troubleshoot Domain/DNS issue with Office 365.
- Troubleshoot issues with Mobile Device Management (Microsoft Intune)
- Troubleshoot issues with SharePoint
- Resolve syncing issues with Office 365 services such as OneDrive and AD Sync
- Resolve Office 365 related cases escalated by Service Desk
- Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft applications that work with Office 365 such as Outlook, Skype and OneDrive
Office 365 Support Engineer Position Description
Serve as technical lead on O365 projects as assigned, including but limited to:
- Exchange Online Migrations MFA Implementations
- SSO Implementations
- Teams VoIP Implementations
- Azure AD Connect Configurations
- Serve as technical lead on infrastructure projects as assigned
- Provide technical support on projects as assigned
- Service Desk Support (when necessary)
- Provide end-user technical support to all clients
- Troubleshoot technical issues assigned by the Service Desk Manager including hardware, software and network communication issues
- Responsible for answering phones, email and enter tickets for incoming support requests
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as network user creation and password resets
- Escalate issues quickly and efficiently in accordance with Tech Impact SLAs
- Provide proactive maintenance on client workstations as directed
- Available for occasional late shift work. (11:30AM – 8:00PM)
- Available for scheduled on-call support. (Will receive additional compensation)
- Travel onsite to resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- Customer Service
- Respond to customer issues and challenges without manager supervision
- Maintain strong customer service skills when dealing with clients, vendors and other Tech Impact partners
- Advise Account Management of client support or reoccurring technical issues
- Professional Development
- Improve knowledge of current and future technologies that may be of benefit to Tech Impact or its clients
- Provide Office 365 training to other support technicians
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of Office 365 applications, including but limited to Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams
- Working knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- Working knowledge of multi-factor authentication technologies
- Ability to provide formal end-user training on Office 365 applications
- Extensive knowledge in PowerShell Automation a plus
- Ability to work well independently and within a team, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical users
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork
- Sense of humor
- Tech Impact observes nine holidays.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Apply on Ziprecruiter