Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Full Time – Permanent Position
Be a part of a fast-paced, growing team that provides a solid work-life balance and helps our young adults prepare for a career in technology. PunchCode is a coding bootcamp provided by Tech Impact in Las Vegas. As our PunchCode Instructor you will teach our student the skills needed to become successful Software Engineers.
WHO IS TECH IMPACT?
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to use technology to better serve the world. A leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits, Tech Impact also operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch careers. With offices in Philadelphia PA, Wilmington DE, Washington DC, and Las Vegas NV, Tech Impact has been delivering services since 2003 to thousands of national and international nonprofit organizations.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Preferred experience in teaching Application Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Deliver instruction using approved curriculum and lesson plans.
- Allocate, review, and grade homework assignments and projects.
- Record attendance
- Schedule and participate in student conferences and individual meetings.
- Maintain regular in-person and electronic communications with students.
- Maintain classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness.
- Assist with the identification and development of training curriculum and guide new training program development.
- Maintain relationships with volunteers for program engagement.
- Assist in recruitment and evaluation of potential students.
- Advocate for the school and the program
- Maintain and foster relationships with program partners.
- Set up and install required programs on Mac Books
- Coordinate and communicate with the Program Manager on regional outreach.
- Assist in coordinating special events and meetings.
- Identify areas for program growth and improvement.
- Maintain documentation and communicate with team members regularly.
- Must be able to pass a background check through the Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education – includes fingerprinting.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITION
- Work collaboratively with the Program team.
- Possess a strong belief and alignment with the Tech Impact’s program mission.
- Be motivated and a self-starter.
- Plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking and exercise sound judgement and diplomacy.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR TECH IMPACT
- Supportive and compassionate environment that provides a work-life balance.
- Everyone has a voice, and you can learn and grow to make a difference.
- The organization shows how they care for its people by paying for 90% of your medical benefits and providing you a credit card to pay deductibles and copays.
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued the first year and 12 Paid Holidays.
ABOUT TECH IMPACT (www.techimpact.org)
Tech Impact is a nonprofit on a mission to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve the world. The organization is a leading provider of technology education and solutions for nonprofits and operates award-winning IT and customer experience training programs designed to help young adults launch their careers. Tech Impact offers a comprehensive suite of technology services that includes managed IT support, data and strategy services, telecommunications, and cloud computing integration and support. In 2018, it expanded its education and outreach capabilities by merging with Idealware, an authoritative source for independent, thoroughly researched technology resources for the social sector. Tech Impact’s ITWorks and CXWorks training programs have graduated hundreds of young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to start their careers in the technology and customer experience industries. The organization also operates Punchcode, a coding bootcamp based in Las Vegas, NV.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender, identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
- ADA Specifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use a computer and other office related equipment.