Tech Impact is hiring an infrastructure & security enthusiast to join the organization’s nonprofit consulting team. This person will work with our nonprofit clients to help them understand and reduce their digital security risks, and assist organizations in auditing their current environments, selecting appropriate off-the-shelf tools, and implementing those tools. Apply on Zip Recruiter
About This Role
The Infrastructure & Security Consultant will be the second senior member of Tech Impact’s Infrastructure & Security practice. This person has the potential to grow into a management role and shape the organization’s future services for the nonprofit community. The role will initially focus on helping a key national nonprofit with resourced and motivated attackers create security frameworks for cloud platforms.
About Tech Impact
Tech Impact is a 65 person nonprofit organization headquartered in Philadelphia. In addition to workforce development programs (ITWorks, CXWorks, and Punchcode) and our accessible educational services (Idealworks) we provide technical services to help nonprofits around the world use technology to further their missions.
The Consulting Team at Tech Impact is a 10-person team focused on helping nonprofits strategically choose and deploy information technologies that help them further their core missions. Our ultimate goal is to help nonprofits to be more responsive to the needs of their constituents and effective at addressing the deep and systemic injustices in our societies.
The Consulting Team currently provides services to nonprofits in the areas of technology strategy, data systems, data analytics, and digital security. The team is diverse, thoughtful about power and privilege, and dedicated to the pursuit of social progress.
Infrastructure & Security Consultants work with the rest of the Infrastructure & Security team and the Consulting Division to help Tech Impact assess, monitor, and strengthen its clients’ core IT systems to keep them safe from compromise and ensure that they remain compliant with evolving best practices in systems administration and security. Consultants are senior-level members of the team who are responsible for high-level strategic consulting and relationship building, executing large projects that are both technically and politically complex with minimal oversight, and supporting the rest of the team in technical troubleshooting, responding to urgent security incidents, and providing high-level technical assessment and strategy.
The core responsibilities of the Infrastructure & Security Analyst are as follows:
- Execute and help other members of the team to execute projects that fall within the Infrastructure & Security team’s set of standardized service offerings, which currently include the following:
- Full security audits including penetration testing, systems inventory, and assessment of organizational security policies and procedures
- Infrastructure Strategy planning, involving assessment of existing network and systems architectures and developing blueprints for migrating to more streamlined setups
- Implementation of security tooling to protect against both casual attacks and APTs including DLP, MDM, and SEIM systems.
- Large-scale migrations of collaboration tools and databases to cloud SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS platforms
- Conduct on-site infrastructure assessments for clients undertaking Full strategic Technology Plans (which typically requires 2-3 days of travel every other month)
- Security Event Response, including forensic investigation, rapid vulnerability mitigation, and ad-hoc strategic planning to plug the bigger holes that led to the breach
Above all, Infrastructure & Security Consultants have a passion for social service, excellent written and verbal skills, and an eagerness to take on new challenges and master new skills. Skills required in this position include:
- Experience with the nonprofit sector or other mechanisms for social change (including but not limited to volunteering, advocacy, and political campaign work)
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, including advanced troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of fundamental networking components, including DNS, DHCP, routing, IP addressing and subnetting, NAT, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working in Azure / AWS / Google Apps / Heroku / Citrix / other IaaS platforms
- Experience setting up and maintaining servers and networks from scratch
- Fluency in at least one scripting and/or programming language (Bash, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Experience performing penetration testing / fuzzing / port scanning
Advanced knowledge in any of the following topics will be helpful but not required:
- Web / Email / database / file server administration
- Management of cloud-based productivity and security tools
- Advanced security toolkits such as Metasploit, Nessus, nmap, Nikto, the Kali environment etc.
- Web development, particularly within CMS toolkits such as WordPress and Drupal
Benefits and Logistics
This is a full-time salaried position. Preference will be given to candidates who can commute 3 days a week to our Philadelphia, PA office. Benefits include:
- Excellent comprehensive healthcare for you and dependents with $0 deductibles and co-pays
- Retirement contribution plan
- Option for a 4-day work week with full benefits and pro-rated salary
- A culture prioritizing quality of life, flexibility, and growth
- A place you can be your whole self
Compensation will fall between $70,000 – $80,000 depending on experience. Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization that aims to pay comfortable living wages while providing robust benefits and fostering an equitable work environment for people who want to make the world a better, fairer place.
Apply on Zip Recruiter