The Service Desk Engineer is responsible for multi-level support that includes diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving user issues in a fast paced-dynamic environment. The Service Desk Engineer answers incoming support requests, inquiries, and emails to determine if problems are user, software or hardware related; analyzes problems/issues/inquiries; addresses issues personally when possible; assigns severity levels to the appropriate technician and; follows through to resolution. This position also performs call backs ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner and that ticket information is accurate.
Tech Impact is a nonprofit organization dedicated to its staff. Applicants should expect a fast-paced environment with frequent exposure to new and challenging problems. Tech Impact expects most employees to move over time into more technical and autonomous roles within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
Service Desk Support
- Provide end user technical support to all clients
- Troubleshoot technical issues assigned by the Service Desk Manager including hardware, software and network communication issues
- Responsible for answering phones, email and enter tickets for incoming support requests
- Perform basic system administrator functions such as network user creation and password resets
- Escalate issues quickly and efficiently in accordance with Tech Impact SLAs
- Provide proactive maintenance on client workstations as directed
- Available for occasional late shift work. (11:30AM – 8:00PM)
- Available for scheduled on call support. (Will receive additional compensation)
- Travel onsite to resolve issues that cannot be resolved remotely
- Respond to customer issues and challenges without manager supervision
- Maintain strong customer service skills when dealing with clients, vendors and other Tech Impact partners
- Advise Account Management of client support or reoccurring technical issues
- Improve knowledge of current and future technologies that may be of benefit to Tech Impact or its clients
- Provide technical project support as directed
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE SKILL REQUIRED (Minimum education and experience needed to perform the job adequately)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical users
- Effective analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to handle pressure and multiple projects simultaneously and to manage work under tight deadlines
- Experience in cloud based technology such as Office 365 is a plus
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and enjoy working in a diverse, results-oriented workplace where a premium is placed on teamwork
- Must have access to a car at short notice depending on location
- Sense of humor
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience. Tech Impact observes nine holidays.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Tech Impact embraces diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex, gender identity, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
ADA SPECIFICATIONS (Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job)
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use computer and other office related equipment
- Also requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and regional travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY