Tech Impact is a nonprofit whose mission is to empower communities and nonprofits to use technology to better serve our world. We provide affordable technology services, support, and training to hundreds of nonprofits across the nation. We also provide proven, award-winning training to prepare young adults for careers in technology.
The Admission Manager’s primary responsibilities include overseeing the initial contact with applicants interested in local IT training programs. Their role and responsibility is to develop, manage, and support student recruitment efforts based on enrollment goals and strategies. The Admissions Manager will work tirelessly to support our programs and students as they make meaningful career changes.
This position is will share time in our Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE offices, and some local or regional travel as needed to support our programs, events, and recruitment.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
A successful Admissions Manager coordinates outreach, recruitment, screening, and onboarding for local IT training programs. The Admissions Manager will build long term relationships with partners and act as a central point person to handle program interest, applications, and enrollment.
- Lead recruitment of qualified applicants for local IT training programs
- Attend job fair and recruitment events, engage partner organizations for referrals
- Work with Tech Impact’s marketing staff to ensure correct messaging and timing, and evaluate effectiveness
- Respond to applicant interest, complete initial interviews, schedule group interviews, and maintain communication with applicants
- Assist students with onboarding into appropriate programs, creating referrals to external programs as appropriate
Organization and Program Support
- Assess applicant qualification, including administering TABE tests or others as appropriate
- Collect, organize and track appropriate qualification documentation, including Individualized Service Strategy (ISS) and Training Plans, and leading candidates through the creation of jobseeker accounts, as needed
- Maintaining knowledge of and providing support for staff regarding grant reporting and outcomes
- Ensure accurate and timely program data entry and reporting (Salesforce CRM)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- 1-3 years of outreach and relationship development experience (with clients, volunteers, employers etc.) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and experience with CRM (customer relationship management) databases, such as Salesforce.com, is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working at a nonprofit is preferred
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
Other Preferred Qualities
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the Program and Fundraising teams, possess a strong belief and alignment with the organization and program mission, be motivated and a self-starter, think independently and creatively, plan and meet deadlines while multi-tasking, and exercise sound judgment and diplomacy. This individual will be organized and detail-focused, energetic, and results-oriented. Be willing and able to attend networking functions before and/or after work and attend some weekend events occasionally.
Please e-mail your resume and a thoughtful cover letter with the subject line “2019 Admissions Manager” to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on Zip Recruiter.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Tech Impact offers a competitive salary and benefits. Tech Impact is an equal opportunity employer.